Thursday, June 10, 2010

Abby is Fine!

We have just heard from the Australian Search and Rescue. The plane arrived on the scene moments ago. Wild Eyes is upright but her rigging is down. The weather conditions are abating. Radio communication was made and Abby reports that she is fine!

We don't know much else right now. The French fishing vessel that was diverted to her location will be there in a little over 24 hours. Where they will take her or how long it will take we don't know.

More updates as news comes in.

Laurence & Marianne

3,019 comments:

  1. YES!!!!! congatulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as i've said before, she will have a nice cup of french tea in the morning!!!!!!!!!!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sooooo glad she's okay! You all must have been so worried. Sending good vibes and hopes her way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that Abby's fine. It's a great news indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been watching the news all day congratulations this is great news good luck but I am sure she will be fine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats a gr8 news guys , gr8 news, have u contacted Indian navy teams ? may be some ships may be out there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only just heard about your attempt today (I really wish I'd known about it before the beginning), but was so worried, and am just SO happy you're okay.

    I've been reading your blog, and keep telling people that you are such a badass! Seriously. Props to ya, girl! If you can't complete this trip, I sure do hope you get to try again. Really, really impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was worried just reading the news..

    Great to hear! All the best to Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praise God!!!!!

    Jennifer in Texas (again -- I have been up all night checking her status and praying)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank God!

    Alan from Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOORAY! PRAISE THE LORD!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praise be to God!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent news! So happy to hear she's fine. Thank you for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  14. FANTASTIC!!! Great News. Training, brains and determination always comes through. Thank you Australian Search and Rescue. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank God. We've been praying for her.
    Vancouver, BC, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank God. Blessings on Abby, everyone involved and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Prayers answered :)
    Thank you for the info.
    Prayers continuing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Abby, please be fine, we are all so worry but we know that you can do it..

    ReplyDelete
  19. We are so relieved and glad to hear this good news! what an answer to so many prayers.

    Albert and Carol in Northern California

    ReplyDelete
  20. Prayers Have Been Answered!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pleased Abby is located, and she is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  22. so glad to hear it -- was praying that she would be found quickly and o.k.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank God!!!
    All our prayers are with you!
    Be safe Abby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have been following Abby's story and have been up tonight praying for your daughter. God has surely blessed your family and there is much to celebrate today! My prayers will continue for your family until Abby is safely home. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you so much for updating, i was worried about her!

    ReplyDelete
  26. thank the Lord. i was praying for her

    ReplyDelete
  27. Schweet! Great news!!

    Now that we know Abby's ok, I sure hope the vessel isn't lost. That would be a real drag.

    ReplyDelete
  28. That must be such a relief, our thoughts go out to you and Abby...

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! SO RELIEVED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I AM VIKAS FROM MEDFORD OREGON. I AM SO HAPPY THAT SHE'S FINE. I ALSO PRAYED FOR HER AND GOD HAD TO BE WITH SUCH BRAVE GIRL.
    THANKS GOD...
    VIKAS

    ReplyDelete
  31. Abby!!! I'm so glad that you are fine!!! I will allways support you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello! Am I reading this right, Abby has been found safe & sound?!?! Please tell me that is so!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great news!

    Does it appear that her engine is still out as well?

    What are the current weather conditions?

    ReplyDelete
  34. What wonderful news! Thank you God

    ReplyDelete
  35. So incrediby thankful! Prayers continuing for all to come together smoothly as she is brought in.

    Caral from Camarillo

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thank God! He was watching out for her.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Praise Jesus! Continuing to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  38. That's great news! Best of luck to her and godspeed in the recovery of her and her boat. Your family is in my prayers.

    Take care,
    Colin

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh great!! me and my wife were a bit concerned there as we were second guessing whether or not we should let our 10 year old also try to sail solo next week.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Yay! I am so glad to hear of this good news.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I couldn't be happier that Abby has been found alive and well. Thank you for the updates. I certainly wasn't sleeping!

    Thank you for keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Praise God above for His faithfulness to this child and her family!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Just saw the news flash on Reuters and am ecstatic and teary-eyed at the moment. Thenk God she is okay and will be fine! She's a brave trekker and I'm finally relieved tonight. Just a concerned news watcher who was saying little prayers for her all day.

    ReplyDelete
  44. This is great news! I have been following this story and wow what an impressive young woman.

    ReplyDelete
  45. that is wonderful news!!!!! Good job Abby!!! Keeping my prayers with your family for a safe rest of your journey

    ReplyDelete
  46. That's really great news! Fingers crossed here in Sweden. Best of luch to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Greg and Sheila BairJune 10, 2010 at 11:48 PM

    PRAISE GOD!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Glad to hear she's OK. I wish her well and safe passage. Kathryn from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  49. Wonderful news...I have been praying so hard for Abby and your family since I heard the news today. I'm so glad she is safe...God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  50. so glad to hear! Just read in the paper here in Norway, tht she was mssng! So glad to hear everything s ok!!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Yay! I am so glad to hear of this good news.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Thank God! The best best outcome, wonderful news :)

    ReplyDelete
  53. I am so happy to hear that you are okay!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  54. Thank heavens for that. I was really worried when I read she was missing.

    ReplyDelete
  55. So glad to hear. Have been praying that she would be found quickly and be o.k.

    ReplyDelete
  56. So happy to read this! I have been following this story all day! Sooo relieved!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Good News Indeed! Hopefully Abby was not injured as a result of losing the rig. Looking forward to more good news from Indian Ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Great news!!!!!!! I hope everything works out well for Abby. Us Aussies will be looking out for her.

    ReplyDelete
  59. This is amazing news! I couldn't sleep after reading Abby was in some trouble. I've been waiting for this update and it came much sooner than I expected! Wow! Keep pushing Abby! You're such an inspiring young woman and have already accomplished more than most people do in their entire lifetime. So glad and relieved to hear you are safe!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Yay!!! Thank you Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  61. HALLELUJAH!

    People from Texas to India have been praying along with you through this. Godspeed.

    Bram in Kyle, TX

    ReplyDelete
  62. Great news !
    Wishing you all the very best !

    ReplyDelete
  63. I've been praying and checking the news since I first heard about Abby's distress signals! I just knew she was going to be OK! Thank God! God Bless you all! I can't imagine what a relief it must be for your family.

    Abby, you have so many people looking out for you! You're a brave girl!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  64. That's great news! Relieved to hear she's alive and well. For god's sake just get her home.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Amazing wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Fabulous news!!! I have been reading and watching since day one, and I just had a feeling that Abby and Wild Eyes would get through this together!! YAY! I cannot imagine the relief you are feeling right now!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Thank you I had been worried


    http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=26897355&blogId=535671379

    Hamish

    ReplyDelete
  68. I actually stumbled across this story a couple hours ago while having trouble sleeping tonight and just wanted to let you know how glad I am to hear that she's ok. I know this must have been hard for the family, especially with all the criticism, but I'm glad that you all had the courage to support her in her dreams! I will continue praying for her safe return.

    As for Abby - You go girl! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  69. Thank goodness for that, 2000 miles off the West Australian coast reports were the aircraft was only going to be able to spend 2 hours searching in the area due to fuel constraints

    ReplyDelete
  70. Just heard about the trip of your daughter. I'm happy that she is fine. Sounds like some rest for you after these "scary hours".

    Felix

    ReplyDelete
  71. I'm happy she is okay! Your Abby you and your family have been in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Prayers answered! Praise god.

    Soldier's Mum xxx

    ReplyDelete
  73. Fantastic News! She can handle this! I wish her and her team all the best!

    I hope that she will be proud in the end!

    Kind Regards,

    Michiel from the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  74. Bless you, Abby! So glad you are safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  75. Praise the lord! Glad to hear all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Woosh.. Good News! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  77. Thanking God for this answer to all the prayers on her behalf! So glad she is alright!

    ReplyDelete
  78. GREAT NEWS!! Thank you for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  79. praise the Lord!!!

    ReplyDelete
  80. That great news. Greetings from Poland.

    ReplyDelete
  81. Excellent news!

    Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  82. That is GREAT NEWS! Very happy to hear she's fine!
    Greetings from Perth, Western Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  83. What a brave young woman you have there

    ReplyDelete
  84. Hallelujah! Praise God. Abby is fine. God is watching over her. T.U.G.!!!

    ReplyDelete
  85. Thank you, Lord for your faithfulness! Thank you for the peace you've given Abby's family and the help you've given Abby during this crisis!

    ReplyDelete
  86. Fantastic news..... so relieved !

    ReplyDelete
  87. Ali Brisbane AustraliaJune 10, 2010 at 11:51 PM

    I'm glad to hear she's ok. All the best to you Abby.

    ReplyDelete
  88. Wow that is really great news!! I am happy for Abby and her Family. You are amazing and completely inspiring! And I think it is great to have family and friends who support you in following your dreams (:

    ReplyDelete
  89. Thanking God for this answer to all the prayers on her behalf! So glad she is alright!

    ReplyDelete
  90. I have been waiting up and checking online often all day to hear this good news. I am so happy for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  91. Way to go, Abby! Whatever happened, she kept a cool head and all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  92. Thank the good Lord! Prayers do work.

    ReplyDelete
  93. Happy to hear that contact was made, this is wonderful news. Your daughter is so strong and good for her for keeping it together.

    ReplyDelete
  94. christopher FennerJune 10, 2010 at 11:55 PM

    So glad she is OK..

    ReplyDelete
  95. I can't tell you how glad we are to hear this great news! We are rejoicing with you and praising God!

    Homeschool family in Eastern WA

    ReplyDelete
  96. I am soooo happy to hear this wonderful news!! I've been checking on different news sites all day hoping to hear something. I can't even imagine what all of you have been going through the past 24 hours. Thank goodness your prayers were answered.

    ReplyDelete
  97. Thank God for this....

    ReplyDelete
  98. I knew that!
    I am going to read the whole Abby's blog because this girl is changing my life already. I was scared of everything all my life and Abby gives me strength to overcome my fears. She is so brave!

    ReplyDelete
  99. Glad to hear she is alright! Hopefully she can get her boat fixed and continue her journey.

    ReplyDelete
  100. Hope everything fine with her, please give us good news!!! Victor

    ReplyDelete
  101. Wonderful! So glad she is safe!

    ReplyDelete
  102. Thank goodness! I have been praying for Abby all day! God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  103. So happy for you !! Will continue prayers for the safety of your very brave girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  104. I'm glad to read these good news. Keep it up, Abby!

    Roland Schultz, Nienburg, Germany

    ReplyDelete
  105. This is great news.

    ReplyDelete
  106. Awesome! So glad that she is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  107. Praise the Lord! Our God is an awesome God!

    ReplyDelete
  108. Thank God! I'm so relieved for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  109. That's a relief :)

    ReplyDelete
  110. Positive that she is not seriously injured :)

    ReplyDelete
  111. This is a relief

    ReplyDelete
  112. Thank God, The Dowlearn family from Jacinto City, Texas will continue to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  113. What great news for all of you....

    ReplyDelete
  114. Thank goodness for that, we were all worried there for a while, there's a heap of us behind you - Gary

    ReplyDelete
  115. That is indeed great news! God Bless.

    You have a brave daughter

    ReplyDelete
  116. My husband and I were heartbroken to hear that Abby was in trouble earlier this evening. We have been following her story since she departed on her journey. So overjoyed to hear that she is okay!!! Sending prayers to Abby and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  117. it's so good to hear that shes fine, ive been worried all day since hearing it on the radio this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  118. That's great news!! Everyones prayers and wishes came true! Great job by search and rescue!

    ReplyDelete
  119. Thank you Lord! We have been praying for your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  120. I'm glad she is alright! Hopefully she can get her boat fixed and continue her dream.

    ReplyDelete
  121. Great news, well done to the brave folks from search and rescue!!

    ReplyDelete
  122. Wonderful! So glad Abby is safe.

    ReplyDelete
  123. so glad to hear that she is all right. safe voyage.

    ReplyDelete
  124. Great to hear she's fine.

    Greetings from Estonia!

    ReplyDelete
  125. Abbey: Such a relief knowing that you have been found. You are a very brave young girl and have accomplished so much already. Get home safely!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  126. good news! thank god! all of us sailors salute you!

    ReplyDelete
  127. Wonderful news!!! Much of the world has been holding it's breath.

    Mike M

    ReplyDelete
  128. Great News. Get back safe.

    ReplyDelete
  129. Glad for a little good news, she is in our prayers. Go Abby Go

    ReplyDelete
  130. Great news, I feared the worst. This story is really catching all the head lines.

    R/Chuck
    Bundang South Korea

    ReplyDelete
  131. What a great relief! This is wonderful news. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  132. Dear Laurence and Marianne

    So relieved to hear the news! The New York Times online hasn't yet included this latest update. My thoughts and admiration are with Abby and you guys.

    All the best,

    Mrigaa, a fan in Thailand

    ReplyDelete
  133. Great to hear you are safe can they repair your yacht and you can continue the trip around the world ?

    KC

    ReplyDelete
  134. Praise be to God!!!! Thank you Jesus and let's hear it for Abby's and Wild Eyes' Guardian Angel!!! God does hear and answer our prayers!!!!!! I was not going to rest till I heard something so thank you and now I can lay me down to sleep and pray the Lord my soul to keep and Abby's too!
    Blessings to you all and a big electronic hug to that wonderful daughter you raised to overcome anything--thanks for the update!
    Gramma Lee

    ReplyDelete
  135. Good news!

    (Praying from Yosemite National Park)

    ReplyDelete
  136. Yay! Such good news!

    ReplyDelete
  137. Great news, glad to hear she is fine and that the weather is getting better

    ReplyDelete
  138. We are so happy for you and your family that Abby is fine. We will continue to pray for you and your family until the vessel can get to her and further help her out. Thank you God :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  139. Thank God! Abby, and family, you are in a lot of prayers right now.

    ReplyDelete
  140. So glad to hear she's alright. You've all been in my thoughts all day waiting on updates. What a relief.

    ReplyDelete
  141. glad to hear she is still standing, hope the boat gets to her soon

    ReplyDelete
  142. Thank God! Very good news! Bob

    ReplyDelete
  143. FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remarkable girl from a remarkable family.... She is a phenomenal sailor with an adventurous heart that hearkens back to earlier times.

    Thomas Edison said, "I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."

    There is no failure here...anyone can be demasted...many have ;-)

    So glad she was so well prepared, and so glad she is fine!

    USA

    ReplyDelete
  144. Prayer Works! Thank God!

    ReplyDelete
  145. Abby,
    all Israel is reading about you in the news.
    we all home you are safe and well out there.

    shalom and good luck from Israel.

    ReplyDelete
  146. Thank God. I'm glad she's fine. No matter what happens withs this navigation from here on out, Abby is the youngest to sail solo through Cape Horn and is a great adventurer who has already made history and has done more than what most people will do in their lifetime. God Bless Abby, her team, and her family.

    A follower of your adventures
    Thomas from Tustin

    ReplyDelete
  147. As an Australian it is a pleasure that we were able to help Abby.

    ReplyDelete
  148. I have been worrying (and praying) for her all day - as I'm sure you have too. I know there's a long way to go yet for her to get to safety but this is a great start. The Australian news services don't have this news yet- last report about 30 minutes ago was that the plane only had another 45 minutes before thewy had to return to base due to fuel constraints. Keeping everything crossed from now until she's safe. Chris H. Adelaide South Australia - one of the huge band of Jessicans - but she's safely ashore now so I can divert my prayers to Abby. What a wonderful pair they are.

    ReplyDelete
  149. That is Great news!

    ReplyDelete
  150. I just heard on the news that they have spoken to her - hope you have been able to also.

    fantastic news!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  151. That is wonderful news! :)

    ReplyDelete
  152. Praise God! I've been watching and praying for your daughter.

    Your brother in Christ,
    Nevada Preacher

    ReplyDelete
  153. Thank goodness they found her and that she is well. Everyone at my work was pray for her safety. She is an amazing girl and an inspiration. I'm elated that she is well! My thoughts and prayer for her ordeal to be at an end quickly. Hang on sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  154. We have all been praying in Australia that Abby would be found safe and well, so fantastic news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  155. I am relieved for you all that Abby has been found I hope she is ok and she is able to reach land safe and soon.

    ReplyDelete
  156. Hi Abby, I send you my thoughts, you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  157. GREAT TO HEAR OF THE GOOD NEWS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  158. Great Abby!!, I know you can achieve your targets.

    Enrique
    Lima-Peru

    ReplyDelete