Thursday, June 10, 2010

Update on Abby

We spoke with Abby early this morning and learned that she had had a very rough day with winds up to 60 knots and seas 20-25 feet. She had been knocked down several times but was handling things well. The wind had subsided to around 35 knots which she and Wild Eyes are quite comfortable with.

We were helping her troubleshoot her engine that she was trying to start to charge her systems. Satellite phone reception was patchy. She was able to get the water out of the engine and start her up. We were waiting to hear back from her when American Search & Rescue authorities called to report having received a signal from her emergency beacon (EPIRB). We initially thought that the signal was sent automatically from her water-activated EPIRB and that it had been activated during one of her knockdowns. As we pulled the paperwork from her EPIRB registration, we learned that the signal had come from her manually activated EPIRB.

We were referred to Australian Search & Rescue and while we were on the phone with them another signal came in from her handheld PLB (Personal Locator Beacon). Her water-activated EPIRB has not been activated so we are hopeful that the boat is still upright.

We are working closely with American, French and Australian Search & Rescue authorities to coordinate several ships in the area to divert to her location. There are several ships in her area, the earliest possible contact is 40 hours. We are actively seeking out some sort of air rescue but this is difficult due to the remoteness of her location. Australian Search & Rescue have arranged to have a Quantas Airbus fly over her location at first light (she is 11 hours later). They will not be able to help her other than to talk via marine radio if they are able to get close enough. Hopefully, they will be able to assess her situation and report back to us.

Abby has all of the equipment on board to survive a crisis situation like this. She has a dry suit, survival suit, life raft, and ditch bag with emergency supplies. If she can keep warm and hang on, help will be there as soon as possible. Wild Eyes is designed for travel in the Southern Ocean and is equipped with 5 air-tight bulkheads to keep her buoyant in the event of major hull damage. It is built to Category 0 standards and is designed to self-right in the event of capsize.

Thank you for all of your kind emails and calls. We appreciate your prayers and support.

We will update as soon as there is some news.

Laurence, Marianne and Team Abby

3,252 comments:

  1. my thoughts and prayers are with Abby and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for Abby's safe rescue and good news very soon for her family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on Abby, we'll be praying for you. Pull through!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lighting a candle and praying for Abby. She is a Tough girl :-).

    Celeste In CA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay positive everyone... She'll be fine :-) FTM

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are praying for you all. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for good news in CT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will pray for Abby's safe rescue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please know that my thoughts and prayers as well as many others are with you during this time. MDL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just started following this story today when i saw it on ESPN and I can tell you that my families thoughts and prayers are with you all. I hope Abby is found safe soon and can one day accompish her dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your family is in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are staying positive and praying. God speed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are all praying for Abby

    ReplyDelete
  14. My thoughts and prayers are with you Abby

    ReplyDelete
  15. My thoughts and prayers are with you! If anyone can make it through a crisis in the ocean, Abby can.

    C.E.F.

    ReplyDelete
  16. God bless that young woman and keep her safe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Our prayers are with Abby & the family

    ReplyDelete
  18. I will continue to pray for Abby's safe rescue! She will make it through this, I know she will.

    ReplyDelete
  19. We will continue to keep her in our prayers.
    The Kirk Family

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for filling us in...we continue to send positive thoughts out to her, and thoughts of strength her way..and yours! We're with you! Abby is our star! Suzanne Asensio

    ReplyDelete
  21. Godspeed to Austrailia Search & Rescue. Our prayers are with you and Abby, that she is hanging on tight.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I HOPE YOURE FINE.

    I LOVE YOU.

    ILL PRAY TO CROM FOR YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  23. My prayers are with her. Lidia

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hope the rescue goes well and has a very good out come. She will be home soon telling you all about it.

    Victor
    Australia

    ReplyDelete
  25. Praying for Abby's safe return, and very good news to her anxious family.

    ReplyDelete
  26. My thoughts and prayers are with you. What an amazing daughter you have, you must be so proud of her! I am hoping for her safe return! Stay strong, she's one tough cookie!
    Mandie Hagan

    ReplyDelete
  27. You're in my prayers....

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hoping and prayers for the best!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Abby, I'm praying for you that God keeps his hand upon you and keeps you safe. I'm very proud of you for what your doing. I'm 45 yrs old and I could not imagine doing what your doing at 16. I bet your family is very proud of you. Come home safe my dear. Again I'm proud of you.

    Mrs. Yvonne Gentry

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hoping, praying, and sending positive thoughts to all of you.

    Laurie Trow

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lord please help the rescue crew find Abby. She is in need of your help. Sunderland family, we are praying for Abby's safety. Be strong and faithful, I'm sure she is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm praying very hard for Abby's safety. It sounds like she is well-equipped to handle any emergency, but it still must be incredibly scary for you not hearing from her. Looking forward to hearing good news, and until then I'll keep praying. Keep the faith and the hope.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for the update. My prayers are with Abby and I hope that this does not terminate her voyage! I am confident she and Wild Eyes are okay!

    ReplyDelete
  34. First!

    Hope she makes it.

    ReplyDelete
  35. My prayers are with you and Abby, that she is safe.

    Steve in San Diego

    ReplyDelete
  36. God be with you Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hundreds of thousands if not millions are praying for you Abby. We know you're alright, but stay strong and know that every effort is being made to reach you as soon as possible. I look forward to your next blog post updating us as to your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  38. PRAYING AND PRAYING FOR ABBY'S SAFETY, FOR GOD TO KEEP HIS MIGHTY ARMS AROUND HER UNTIL HELP ARRIVES.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I am praying for you Abby! You are a brilliant and learned sailor and I have faith that you can weather any storm! God Speed - we look forwar to hearing that you're back on track! God Bless You, your family and friends.

    Tish (New Jersey)

    ReplyDelete
  40. I'm definitely praying for Abby! The Lord is with her.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I hope and pray everything is ok and that Abby is safe!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Praying hard for Abby! She'll be in my prayers as I'm away from my computer for a while. She's clearly an awesome seaman, she can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Candles are lit and prayers are with your family that everything is o.k.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Come on Abby!

    Alex, Italy

    ReplyDelete
  45. Keeping Abby in my prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  46. I hope for a safe return..I will keep her in my prays.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Abby is in my thoughts and prayers for a quick and safe recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  48. To Abbie,
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you. Hang in there Abbie.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Prayers going up for all of you. Abby will stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  50. You are so kind to take time for this posting. All of us who have been following Abby's journey, we send Team Abby positive energy and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Oh dear Abby, our prayers are with you . Dear Lord in Heaven keep your kind hand upon Abby. Keep her safe. Be with the rescue team, giving them the sight they need to spot her. If it is a miracle we need then Lord that is exactly what we are asking for. You are the only one who knows her situation right now. Please Lord keep her safe. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Thank you so much for taking the time to update the rest of us during this difficult time. Please know there are a lot of people out there praying and worrying right along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Thank you for the update! My prayers go out to Abby and your family. She seems to be a smart girl and I trust in your words that she is ok and knows what needs to be done in case of emergency.

    ReplyDelete
  54. I pray for her safe return.
    Bob Hayner
    Central NJ Coast

    ReplyDelete
  55. God bless! We hope she comes back safely!

    ReplyDelete
  56. May God be with her!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Come on Abby!

    Alex, Italy

    ReplyDelete
  58. Abby you are an incredible person and such an inspiration, hang in there. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Diego Garcia is close by, within reason, can the US Military send a B52 or B1 over for a fly by ?

    ReplyDelete
  60. will pray for you, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  61. I just saw the article on the Fox News website. I am hoping she is okay and that you hear from her soon. I've been following her blog the last few months and even though I don't understand sailing lingo, I enjoy hearing about her progress. I will be thinking of her tonight and hopefully one of the rescue teams will get out to her soon.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Your daughter and sister will be in prayers tonight for her safe return home.

    ReplyDelete
  63. We are praying for her safe return. Glad she brought all that survival gear with her.

    ReplyDelete
  64. I'm praying for her. I will continue to. She is a great inspiration. :)

    Alissa (16)
    Minnesota

    ReplyDelete
  65. The world is praying for you Abby and your Family! So proud of what you have accomplished!This blog entry brought tears to my eyes. Hold on Abby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  66. She's brave, smart and tough. She'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  67. She'll be fine. I feel it. She's a very smart, strong girl and she'll be fine. She can do this and so can you. XO

    ReplyDelete
  68. Laurence, Marianne and Team Abby,
    Thanks for the update. I know this is a trying time for you and I am sure all of us who are following Abby are praying real hard for her safety. Our prayers are with you all from Shreveport Louisiana.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Our thoughts and prayers are with Abby and all of your family at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Where is United States Navy . . . I know they have ships on patrol all over Earth. - ucanfindme1@yahoo.com

    Michael T Oehler, AZ1(AW) US Navy, Retired. 1985-2005.

    ReplyDelete
  71. We are praying. May God be with you Abby.

    ReplyDelete
  72. I'll keep Abby in my thoughts and prayers. She is such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Praying fervently

    ReplyDelete
  74. Have been following your blog and reading your adventures but haven't posted until now. Our thoughts and prayers are with you for your safety. You are amazing Abby, hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  75. May God be with her!

    ReplyDelete
  76. I hope they will find her. She is very brave and an inspiration for all.

    ReplyDelete
  77. Praying for Abby's safety. Thank you for taking the time for this update in the midst of all you have to coordinate. Please know you are in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  78. My thoughts and prayers will be of Abby. Hang in there, strong girl!

    ReplyDelete
  79. all over the world...every single person....hopes...hopes...hopes...that Abby and her Wild eyes are right and that we can see her fantastic eyes as soon as possible...Go Abby...Go...we are with you...the entire world is with you!!!!

    David from Italy

    ReplyDelete
  80. God be with you and Abby during this time of trial.

    ReplyDelete
  81. Praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  82. I have been following Abby via FB and this blog- my thoughts and prayers are with you all. She is a bright, intelligent, and skilled young lady...I have faith in God that you will have an answer soon! Take a deep breath...
    ~jaclyn of Houston, TX

    ReplyDelete
  83. prayers sent Abby...Come home safely...J.N.

    ReplyDelete
  84. Praying for you in Walla Walla Washington.

    ReplyDelete
  85. omg, a friend gave me another link on abby... i am so sorry!... prayers are coming from me...((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  86. My prayers are with Abby and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  87. Praying for her safety. Keep your spirits up, sounds like she is very experienced and knows how to handle emergency situations.

    ReplyDelete
  88. We love you abby! Our prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  89. Praying for you all!! May God's hands surround Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  90. Hang on there! We hope everything goes well, and wish we could help! From your friends here in Lowndes County Fire Rescue Westside in Valdosta, Ga, USA!

    ReplyDelete
  91. I was just reading Abby's blog after seeing the latest info on CNN. I am glad to hear that both she and her boat are well equipped for all situations and will be thinking lots of positive thoughts for her. Hope to see good news soon...

    ReplyDelete
  92. Was just reading about her...About all is well and you get some good news shortly!

    ReplyDelete
  93. Sending nothing but good karma her way!

    ReplyDelete
  94. In my prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  95. Jeremiah 32:17 "Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.

    Praying for her.

    ReplyDelete
  96. Our prayers are with her and the family and friends. Im glad it is getting publicity I saw it on CNN. Help bring her home!

    ReplyDelete
  97. Abby is in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  98. I am keeping Abby and all of you in my thoughts and prayers. Keep up your strength and faith...the Good Lord will keep her safe.
    Thank you for keeping us all informed. The prayer chain already out there is powerful.....I'm sure Abby feels it.
    Barbara, Houston

    ReplyDelete
  99. The Carlsons, Streetsville OntarioJune 10, 2010 at 1:26 PM

    Dear Laurence and Marianne,

    We are also a very busy family. Our children sent Abby a note for her to read. 'If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me, Your right hand will hold me fast.' Psalm 139:9-10

    warmest,

    Bruce & Susan Carlson
    Bruce, Sharon, Stephen, Mark, Liz and Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  100. Praying for her!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  101. Best Wishes Abbey! Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  102. She'll be just fine!!! Thanx for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  103. Thanks for the update, my throughts and prayers are with Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  104. My prayers are with all of you

    ReplyDelete
  105. Our thoughts and prayes are with Abby, her parents and family, her team and the rescue workers who are and will be involved on this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  106. Thank you for taking the time to write this, Lawrence and Marianne. Our hearts are with you both as well as with Abby. Have faith in your strong daughter, her equipment, and the rescuers' ability. It's always darkest just before the dawn, and dawn will come in time.

    ReplyDelete
  107. I am praying for her...i hope she is okay

    ReplyDelete
  108. We will all be waiting to hear about Abby's safe rescue/continuation with her trip. Prayers from this landlubber.

    ReplyDelete
  109. Praying for her!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  110. Good luck to her from bazul, hope she's ok!

    ReplyDelete
  111. Best wishes to Abby and her family in this stressful time.

    ReplyDelete
  112. God be with her. Good luck! Praying for her safe return.

    ReplyDelete
  113. Praying all is well...

    ReplyDelete
  114. We're pulling for her. I saw the spot on 20/20 and was impressed with Abby and her family. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  115. Abby
    We are praying for you and your safe return home.
    Joe
    North carolina

    ReplyDelete
  116. "I am sailing, I am sailing
    Home again 'cross the sea
    I am sailing, stormy waters
    To be near you, to be free"
    (Words by Gavin Sutherland
    Song by Rod Stewart)

    God speed, Abby

    ReplyDelete
  117. My prayers are with Abby and each of you during this trying time. I have been reading this blog since Abby's journey started. May God watch over her and keep her safe.

    ReplyDelete
  118. Hope you guys find her soon. Seattle is pulling for you.

    Val
    Seattle

    ReplyDelete
  119. Hang in there, Abby! Help is on the way! Praying for your safety and sending prayers to your family as well. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  120. I hope that everything works out. I am here praying for her. Please keep us posted. My name is Ravi and I am in Orlando, FL.

    ReplyDelete
  121. God bless you and our thoughts are with you and your daughter for a good news outcome to this situation. Hang tight and try to get some rest as things resolve themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  122. I will be going to the beach this weekend and I will look out to the sea and know that you are out there somewhere and think of you! I will be praying for you and your family! Be Safe & I hope you are okay!!

    ReplyDelete
  123. Our prayers are with Abbey.

    ReplyDelete
  124. I saw the story on YAHOO and I just want to let you know that I am praying for Abby's safe return.

    May God's grace surround you.

    ReplyDelete
  125. Just read about Abby on MSNBC a moment ago; praying for you, Abby, that God will keep you safe until the cavalry arrives! Godspeed!

    ReplyDelete
  126. Team Abby-

    We are heartbroken and terribly worried for Abby's safety and well being. We have followed her everyday since she left California. From her last blog, she mentioned rough seas and winds ahead. This must, of course, be extremely distressing for you. We hope and pray for her safe return. Know that you are in our thoughts during this stressful time. God bless you and we pray with all our might she is ok.

    Larry

    ReplyDelete
  127. praying for Abby and her family. Please disregard any insensative comments that people are posting. Those of us that have been follow Abby from the beginning have her safe return foremost in our hearts.This is all that matters. Praying for you ABBY! You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  128. Our prayers are with Abby. May she be safe and protected.

    ReplyDelete
  129. Thank you for the update... I keep searching for more news hoping to hear all is well. Please keep us posted.

    Our prayers are with all of you in the Sunderland Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  130. Keeping good thoughts and hopeful prayers. She knows what to do and has the equipment to help her.

    ReplyDelete
  131. God be with you...

    ReplyDelete
  132. We are praying for safety, and for her to maintain courage and for her to be able to continue her dream.

    ReplyDelete
  133. There is an American and British military island airbase of Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean. Can they help with the airsearch?

    http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/images/diego-garcia-enroute-map.jpg

    Again Mark from Charlotte, NC

    ReplyDelete
  134. Praying for Abby and her family.
    God Speed.
    Lisa, Lincoln NE

    ReplyDelete
  135. Wishing you all the best.
    You and your family are in my prayers.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  136. I hear that the Qantas Airbus 330 is being prepared and the mission being planned to depart Perth within the next 2 hours.

    Good luck and our thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  137. Praying for Abby and family!

    ReplyDelete
  138. Abby,

    I hope you are ok.
    Our prayers for your safety.

    fr@ncis

    ReplyDelete
  139. Dear Abby:
    I have been following you these past few months and have been impressed with your skill and tenacity. I am praying for your safe rescue and wish you all the luck in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  140. Dear Friends!
    My name is Luciano from Ilha Grande, an Island located in down south of Rio de Janeiro - Brazil.

    I would like to express my concern about Abby and also to tell all of you that the Sailors of Ilha Grande are praying for the success of Abbys's jorney and her health.

    As a sailorman I can assure that everything is
    being well managed by Abby, wherever she is. Just because she is one of the best around the world.

    I hope everything is fine with everyone else.
    Best Regards from ILHA GRANDE - BRAZIL
    Luciano Guerra
    www.imensidaoazul.com

    ReplyDelete
  141. Abby has love and prayers coming in from around the world... She's going to make it through this.

    ReplyDelete
  142. My prayers are with all of you. Checking on Abby has become a part of my daily routine. I hope and pray that she is safe and everything turns out OK.

    ReplyDelete
  143. I truly hope that all is well with Abby.
    Take care.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  144. Blessings to you Abby,
    wishing you Gods speed,safety and strength.
    all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  145. I've just learned of this remarkable young woman and this incredible journey. I am praying for safety and calm for Abby, comfort and peace for her friends and loved ones, and speed for the search team and any rescue assistance that might be needed. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  146. Our hopes and thoughts are with you, Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  147. She is O K I can feel it.

    ReplyDelete
  148. i hope she's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  149. I am praying that everything works out well

    ReplyDelete
  150. Sending thoughts and prayers from Long Island, NY.

    ReplyDelete
  151. Hang in there baby!
    Donnie, Italy

    ReplyDelete
  152. Jesus Christ is Lord over all and in the name of Jesus I speak Peace to the wind and waves and take authority over the spirit of death and despair that would try to come into this. According to the power of Jesus Christ in me (Luke 10), I speak life to this situation and declare the wod of the Lord that Abby shall live and praise His name. Lord, I pray for wisdom for all rescue workers, I pray that wildlife would come and surround and help abby in supernatural ways. I pray that hope will rise up within her and that she is an overcomer. Jesus you are the way. Thank you that you have made a way for Abby. Lord, it is your will for Abyy to live and I am in agreement with your will for her - when two or more agree it shall be done for them according to your will. Thank you Jesus and may God keep all who are involved. Faith is the evidence of things not seen - all things are possible for those who believe. I believe for Abby Lord and I believe your Word.

    ReplyDelete
  153. I will pray for her safety. She is brave and well skilled. I am sure with the hand of GOD and her wits she will be just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  154. Our prayers are with you all. Abby sounds like such a brave and amazing girl - I just know things will turn out fine!!

    ReplyDelete
  155. Abby, you are in my prayers. God be with you and keep you safe.

    ReplyDelete
  156. I pray everything is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  157. This is a first visit to Abby's blog. She is in so many people's prayers, including mine. She is clearly such a courageous sailor, one must believe that she will be fine. Sounds like you've done all you can as parents to give her every chance of success. But, like launching kids into the rest of "real life", the rest is truly in God's hands. Trust the One who stilled the seas for His apostles on the sea of Galilee:Matt 8:26.. He said... "Why are you fearful, O you of little faith?" Then He arose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm.
    Mar 4:39 Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, "Peace, be still!" And the wind ceased and there was a great calm.
    Psalms 107:29 He calms the storm, So that its waves are still.Other assurances are:Psalms 89:9 You rule the raging of the sea; When its waves rise, You still them." (www.blueletterbible.org/NKJV)

    ReplyDelete
  158. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Us Aussies know how to get it down...they'll bring her home!!

    ReplyDelete
  159. Keeping my hopes up and saying prayers for Abby's safe return. Hang tight, she'll be home soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  160. My prayers with her...

    ReplyDelete
  161. Abby and family, you are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  162. Sending prayers and positive thoughts Abby's way. I've been following her since her launch in January. She's such a wonderful inspiration and I pray that her confidence and positive attitude will bring her through this safely. Godspeed to all.

    ReplyDelete
  163. Every sailor, seafarer, Ocean-lover is sending prayers to Abby and you, her family and friends. Hold tight to one another and we will pull through this together!

    Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  164. She is in my Prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  165. Hope all goes well.

    Even though the EPIRB with the survival suit was activated, Abby could still be aboard Wild Eyes -- having decided to activate this 2nd EPIRB as a backup to the first EPIRB.

    That's my hope.

    If all goes well this will be the most exciting chapter of her book.

    - Grant Fjermedal, Seattle

    ReplyDelete
  166. Hang on, Abby! The winds do change. Help is on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  167. Hang on Abby!!
    .............!!
    .........!!!!!!!!
    .............!!
    .............!!
    .............!!

    ReplyDelete
  168. Praying hard for Abby's safety!!

    ReplyDelete
  169. I know that I speak for many when I say that she is in our thoughts and prayers.
    I know she's ok out there. Have faith.

    ReplyDelete
  170. Sending thoughts and prayers from Long Island, NY

    ReplyDelete
  171. I hope she is found safe, until then I shall keep her and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  172. Good luck and light to you Abby. Big prayers going out to you and your family. TR

    ReplyDelete
  173. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. We will continue to look for updates.

    ReplyDelete
  174. God bless you and your family. She will be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  175. My thoughts and prayers are with Abby! Please post an update as soon as she is found! All the very best!

    ReplyDelete
  176. Many many prayers for Abby and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  177. great parenting.

    ReplyDelete
  178. We all certainly wish Abby, her family, and her boat, the best. She's obviously going thru a difficult period if the emergency beacon has been sounded twice. When this is over, hopefully she and her handlers can sit back and reflect on what has transpired....and maybe get a clue that its absolutely insane for a 16 year old to be doing this. You people must be insane, risking a childs life for your personal satisfaction. Let's all pray for Abby's safe return, and start pointing some fingers at the lunatics that enabled her to pull this stunt.

    ReplyDelete
  179. I'm praying for you Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  180. We are sending our best from Indiana to you and your family at this precarious time!

    ReplyDelete
  181. Praying safety, peace, rescue, and comfort for her. You all are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  182. I've been praying for her safety since day one and gathering prayer support since the loss of communications. She's a good sailor in a fine ship and you've done well to prepare her for any emergency. I am expecting good things!

    Tyler Woods, TX

    ReplyDelete
  183. What an amazing amount of courage your entire family must have. I will be fasting and praying the next 24 hours for Abby and the rest of you. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  184. Your family, Abby, and her safe return are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  185. God bless her and keep her safe.

    ReplyDelete
  186. my prayers are with you and your family. may God watch over your daughter

    ReplyDelete
  187. Our prayers are with Abby, and your whole family and team. Go Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  188. I wish your family and Abby best wishes a prayers throughout the rest of this search/rescue...She seems to be a very great sailor and and the agency's that are coordinating a rescue are the best i have ever seen work. I will keep all you in my prayers. she'll be fine, the equipment the training, and the materials she has at her disposal. All will turn out well.

    ReplyDelete